Monday, January 15, 2018

Park Bench Deli on Telok Ayer Street, Singapore

Broccoli Falafel Sandwich

These guys (179 Telok Ayer Street, 6815-4600) have been around for a while, but I intentionally avoided them. Why? For the exact same reason why I avoid Mexican and American barbecue places here, as I'd rather just wait for my next run home. Still, I was in the neighborhood, seeking something affordable, and somehow a sandwich didn't seem like a bad idea.

Most of the menu was rather meat-heavy, so I went for one of the few meatless options available: that broccoli falafel sandwich above. And it was lovely. Those falafel came straight out of the fryer, were dressed with thick bold cuts of tomato and lettuce as well as a squirt of tzatziki, and shoved into a crusty bun. It was so good that I wolfed it down quickly, promising to come back again to try the meat options one day.

Epilogue: no wonder why I liked this place! It's run by the chefs behind Lolla and Cajun Kings.

No comments: