Friday, September 22, 2017

StopOver Artisan Pasta at Republic Plaza, Singapore

Hefty aglio e olio tagliatelle

This was a random stop today, and could've had a lot of potential given my crusade in finding affordable yet quality pasta around here. See, these guys (9 Raffles Place #B1-03A, 9221-3731) do handmade pasta at relatively cheap prices. And I was encouraged by the fact that they used dry chili flakes in their aglio e olio rather than fresh chili padi. So I went ahead and placed an order.

From there it went downhill. They didn't even toss the pasta in a pan; it was just done in that disposable bowl that you see above. More importantly, it reeked of garlic. Sure, garlic is literally the first word of aglio e olio, but this was just way too much (it was enough garlic to kill a small animal). To make it worse, the garlic was largely still raw, making it irritatingly pungent rather than aromatic.

At least the pasta was firm, even if oddly they pointed to some dry pasta near the cashier when they asked me for my selection. Well, I might not mind trying one of the other sauces if I'm in a rush again nearby. But if the other sauces are loaded with so much raw garlic again, then I'm not coming back. Seriously, no one is going to want to be near me within a two mile radius right now.

No comments: