Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Oh Tongyoung in Cheongdam, Seoul

Jeonbok Musoesot Bap

The other day, I was reminded of my old note to find that place that served sea urchin bibimbap. This place came up in a search, perhaps because it's a Michelin Bib Gourmand (B1F, 10 Seolleung-ro 158-gil, 02-544-2377). It's too bad then that the bibimbap was only served for lunch, so we went for the abalone rice instead. They threw on some butter and cut it up with scissors after arriving at the table.

I was a bit bummed, actually. It didn't really stand out as much as I had hoped. Sure, the seafood was fresh and firm, and the tastes were very delicate. But there wasn't enough butter nor salt to get me excited about it, other than having that crispy rice lining to scrape off of the bottom of the clay pot. I must come here for lunch one day though to try that bibimbap.

No comments: