Sunday, December 04, 2016

A Taste of Charleys Philly Steaks From Ohio

Philly Cheese Steak

For whatever reason, an outlet of this Philly cheesesteak chain from Ohio (Ohio??) has opened up on the West Coast. They had a small size available, so I figured that I'd give it a try, especially when its signage bragged about being #1 and "the best Philly steaks period."

How gullible I was! My jaw practically dropped when the cashier asked me if I would like lettuce and tomato on my cheesesteak. In retrospect, that was enough of a sign for me to cancel my order right then and there, but somehow I proceeded, refusing each of her offers to add this or that.

And even though I stuck to the minimum, it was still lousy: over-seasoned and dry. Well, maybe I'd like this stuff if I thought of it as a grilled sub from Ohio, and loaded it with the peppers and veggies like she suggested. But a Philly cheesesteak this ain't.

No comments: