Friday, November 25, 2016

Royal Heritage Beef Noodle at Taoyuan Airport

Beef Noodle

The thought of filling my belly with some hot salty spicy broth sounded pretty good this morning. So after checking in at Terminal 2, I looked at both the fourth floor and basement landside food courts to see who was selling beef noodle. One shop in the basement looked the most promising, but they didn't open until 10 AM. So I went with this shop on the fourth floor.

When it first came out, it didn't look very good, so much that my first instinct was to quickly throw in a bunch of those pickled veggies and red chili oil. Somehow I was able to resist temptation though, and I'm glad that I held back; the broth was a lot better than I thought it would be, with a full beefy taste and just a touch of spices. I still ended up using the chili oil as a dip for that impressively tender beef though.

It was only when I looked it up just now did I realize that this is actually some award-winning shop (I believe that the Chinese name is Huangjia Chuancheng), and that I'd actually been to a related shop at Taoyuan Airport a couple of years ago. Next time I want to try that basement shop if it's open, but if not, then I'd be happy to eat here again.

No comments: