Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Lolla on Ann Siang Road, Singapore

Grilled Portobello Mushroom

This place is one of my favorite restaurants in Singapore (22 Ann Siang Road, 6423-1228). I've been here three times in the past few weeks and have liked each dish that I've had. They may be known for their sea urchin pudding, but everything on the menu from the beef tripe to the scrambled eggs have been delicious. The quality of the ingredients is the key.

Adding to the fun is a list of specials on the board that seems to keep changing, such as that grilled portobello above, or an octopus with a super smoky paprika butter that I could not stop mopping up with bread. More than anything, I just love the fact that it is simple and down-to-earth food from a place that doesn't pressure you to order still or sparkling (yes, they have paper napkins). Awesome.

No comments: