Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Ramly Burger at Tanjong Pagar Railway Station

Ramly Burger and Kambing Soup

Thanks to one of our fellow readers for suggesting this find. One actually can get good Ramly Burgers in Singapore: at the Tanjong Pagar Railway Station, which I heard is actually Malaysian property (kinda like an embassy), and could be why this guy is able to sell them. Anyway, this guy was much better than the pasar malams: he used the right ingredients with mayo, Maggi sauce, grease, and all for S$2.50 (US$1.50). Still, he didn't butterfly the patty, and it seemed a bit short of actual Ramly burgers in Malaysia, but it was good enough. Cool - now I know where to go.

Note that his hours are 4PM - 4AM, so don't try to go all the way there for lunch like I did. At least the 4AM part will come in conveniently from time to (drunken) time.

There was also a guy next door selling kambing (mutton) soup, which I picked up as well. It was decent and full of flavor, but after having eaten a greasy Ramly burger too, I started to feel a little sick. At least I can say that I finally made it to this Ramly Burger guy in Singapore.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good alternative for people working overnite shifts!

Daryl said...

If you're in the East, there's a good Ramly Burger on Bedok Road.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recommendation! Now I don't have to wait for pusar malam anymore!